This is the collective code of conduct during the camp, to guarantee an inclusive and safer space for everyone involved:
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or any other prejudice based on sex, gender, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, language abilities, physical-cognitive abilities or religious affilitation is totally unacceptable and will be challenged.
- Respect each other’s physical and emotional boundaries. Always ask for explicit verbal consent before touching someone or crossing boundaries. “No” almost means “no”, and a “yes” is valid only when it is actively explicit and expressed with free will and in an autonomous way, without any restriction, coercion or threat. Do not exert relations of power and speak out against them.
- Be aware of the space you occupy in discussions and the privileges you bring, including sex, gender, class, or ethnicity. Always respect each person’s right and space to express themselves, and make sure that everyone has the same chance of being heard in conditions of equality and mutual respect.
- Avoid assuming the opinions, choices and identifications of other participants. Ask before assuming, and do not speak in other people’s behalf unless explicitly requested.
- Recognize that we are not here to judge each other or to compete with each other. Try to learn as much as you can from other people’s ideas and experiences, and share yours as well.
- Be aware of the language you use in discussions. Try to speak slow and use a clear and simple language that is understandable for all, so that no one is excluded or minorized in the discussion. There are no masters or disciples here, but only people who participate, discuss, work and enjoy their time with their equals.
- If someone violates these agreements, a mediation process may start depending on the wishes of the person who was violated. If a serious violation happens to the extent that someone feels unsafe or threatened, the agressor may be invited to leave and/or participate in a collective mediation process.
- Danger of fire: Due to high risk of wildfires, any kind of fire (including smoking) is strictly forbidden outside of the designated smoking area. Warn other participants about this issue and be careful to any acts that can have a risk of fire.
- This code of conduct is the collective responsibility of everynoe who participate in the camp; in the meanwhile, each person is individual is responsible for their own acts and behaviours.